Little League Baseball Canada National Safety Officer
As we are now well into the 2013 season this note will serve as a reminder of the importance of running a safe organization.
All Little Leagues should have a Safety Officer in place. The duties of the Safety Officer should include:
- Processing of volunteer background checks
- Ensuring all league sites are safe and free of hazards
- Ensuring coaches and other volunteers have quick access to complete first aid kits
- Ensuring leagues have a comprehensive safety plan
- Ensuring all relevant league volunteers have access to and knowledge of the safety plan
While some leagues’ safety plans are more comprehensive than others, it is essential to have one that, at the very least, includes the most important and most common information such as emergency contacts, treatment of injuries, etc. If you would like to use one as a model, I’ve included a link to the one used by my home league. While it is comprehensive, you can use it to prepare your own, taking from it what you feel is necessary.
If you have any questions or need assistance with plan preparation, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.